Saturday, November 10, 2012

Osage Orange Proposal

 
 
Hi. It's Peter, I got one of your persimmon trees this morning at the pharmer's market. Thanks! About the Osage Orange, the attached pictures show an electronic sound organ that I make with that wood. Let me explain: because it is a bow wood, it is very flexible. I use thin wooden bars as flex sensors by mounting a transducer beneath. I also have a guy, up in the woods who is an artisan of the sawe, and can slice such hard pieces up, as long as they are four feet in length. Thus I propose to donate one of these organs to the city in return for a billet of the proper length to make it with. First though I would like to see the tree with you, can we do Tuesday still? I have a chainsaw and a baby.  PB

that picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment